Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who is YOUR Woman Warrior?

Who is your woman warrior?
Who inspires you every day? Who pushes you to be the best you? Who do you try to emulate? Who do you want to be proud of you? Who's legacy do you want to pass along? Who's tradition do you want to be a part of?

It could be your Mother, your Grandmother, an Aunt, sister, friend (or girlfriend), your wife, a teacher, a coach, a coworker, a boss, etc. I know you're thinking of someone right now! It is amazing how much power women have and we don't even know it!

My Beautiful Nana

Mine, very easily, is my Nana. I want nothing more to make her so very very proud! EVERYDAY I want to make her proud! She loved me every day no matter what. She was strong and independent. She was so stylish! She was so classy! She was womanly, ladylike. She knew how to give the most amazing hugs! :)

She lived to be 93 and didn't take youknowwhat from noone! She didn't eat chicken (because they were "dirty animals"...maybe she knew something about eating Paleo before I did?!) she did love to eat shrimp. She used to call my sport uniforms "suits" and I loved her for it!

Her amazing, funny, loving husband passed in 1982 and she never remarried. I often wondered if it was because she never found a greater love or if she didn't find anyone who could put up (or keep up) with her like he could? She loved going to the beach and the ocean and she was strong enough to do what SHE wanted to do.


My Nana and Pop-Pop!


Even though she has since gone on to be with my Pop-Pop and into Heaven she will always be apart of me (even though she is a part from me). I strive every day to make her proud. I think about her daily and I strive to not only to be classy, beautiful, strong and stylish like her - but I also strive to pass along her class, style, strength and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment